At UZN Stables we focus on the horses’ right management, not only with regard to their correct training and education but also pertaining to the surrounding hours. This approach contributes to their physical and mental wellbeing and allows for a healthy and fit horse that enjoys what he is doing.
Apart from training and appropriate veterinary care our management consists of the following elements.
- The horses are turned out in the field on a daily basis for their share of free movement.
- The horses are offered with alternating work. They’re also lunged and hacked.
- Our stables have outside hatches and partitions in the inner walls allowing for social contact between the horses at all times.
- Slow-feeders in the stables provide the horses with an almost 24-hour access to forage.
- Our forage is a special kind of herbal hay from Germany.
- For our grass we use a seed mix we composed ourselves to lower the fructan levels.
- The Cavalor feeding advisor checks the horses and their feed every quarter.
- Our horses are fed with Equine Supplement Service (ESS) products to keep them extra fit and strong.
At UZN Stables we hold sustainability in high regard. In the near future we plan to be completely self-sufficient in energy and CO2 neutral thanks to solar panels and an air-to-water heat pump system.